Sunday, June 03, 2007

Try baby oil for chiggars

The next time you go out in the woods in the summertime and get ate up by chiggars, try using baby oil. I've used bleach, allergy creme, and some things I don't even want to talk about, but this works, apply some baby oil wherever it itches and burns, leave on for a little while and then wash it off. Remember they are on your clothes too, so get them in a bag if you are where you can't wash them right away. As far as your shoes I recommend spraying them with a bug spray to kill whatever bugs are still living there. I use an ant and roach spray.

1 comment:

Tristen said...

I personally never had chiggers but my friend has and she also said that nail polish works too. I guess she got them really bad at camp one year so here friend put nail polish on the places that itch, clear nail polish is usually used but she only had pink so she ended up having pink spots all over her, lol. Anyway you just pull the nail polish off your skin and the chiggers come out with it. Its not really a natural way but if you carry nail polish around you can use it for more than just your nails. Makes me wonder if hairspray would work as well.